1) When did the Ministry of Manpower come up with this requirement?
It started in 2004.
2) What if I have a foreign domestic worker then but would like to get another now?
You will have to complete the FDW EOP before hiring a new foreign domestic worker after 2004.
3) Colloquially, how would you refer to foreign domestic workers?
Some locals would to refer them as maids.
4) Why is the e-learning so troublesome?
The format and outline of the FDW EOP are determined with the guidance of the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
MOM wants FDW employers to be well informed about their commitments and duties under regulations. Therefore, while some may assert that it is troublesome, majority will find it useful and informative as it safeguards rights for FDWs as well as for employers.
5) Who/What is a Frequent Changer?
We understand it as someone who has changed more than 4 FDWs in a year. The MOM determines if someone is a Frequent Changer.
6) Is it true that Frequent Changers cannot choose the online (e-learning) option to complete the FDW-EOP course?
Yes, they will not be allowed to do so as per MOM's policy. They can only complete the FDW EOP course by attending the lecture (classroom) based option.
7) Can I use my iPad and other mobile devices to register for FDW EOP?
Yes, you can.
8) Can I use my iPad or other mobile devices to do the FDW EOP via e-learning?
No, we do not encourage you to do so as these devices are unable to support the required software or hardware capability to run the course. Participants will face many technical hardships if they attempt to do so.
9) Do I need my SingPass account to register for the FDW EOP?
No, you do not. However, we encourage you to ensure you have your SingPass account ready, preferably before registering.
10) Do I need my SingPass account to start the FDW EOP via e-learning?
Yes, you are required so.
11) Are your FDW EOP courses conducted in Mandarin?
No, we only conduct the courses in English.
12) Can I accompany someone to attend the FDW EOP course?
No, you may not. Unless you make a registration and payment to attend the same lecture (classroom) based course. (liken how you would buy tickets to go to a movie, both are similar as there is space constraint)
13) What if I'm late for the course (classroom based)?
You might not be allowed to attend the course. You may opt to request to be moved to another course date/run instead.
14) As a foreigner, what do I need to bring for the course?
As part of attendance taking prior to the course, you need to bring your FIN/employment card and passport.
15) If I do not have a FIN number, can I still attend the course?
No, you may not.
16) Do I need to renew my FDW EOP status? If so, what's the frequency?
No, there is no expiry (no renewal either) to your FDW EOP status once you have completed it after 2004. However, should the MOM decide to revoke this status, they will inform you accordingly.
To check on your status, you will have to contact the MOM for clarification directly.
17) How long do I have to complete the online e-learning FDW-EOP course?
You have to complete the online e-learning FDW-EOP course within 3 months upon receiving our email to start the course.
18) May I postpone my lecture based course?
Yes, you may email in to appeal to firstname.lastname@example.org
19) I did not manage to save/print my FDW-EOP certificate, how may I request for a copy?
You may email in to request for a copy to email@example.com
20) Can the physically challenged attend the FDW EOP lecture (classroom) based option?
Generally, yes. Our campus has undergone renovations and is now fitted with several infrastructural conveniences. Especially at our teaching block, participants can expect a drop-off porch, easy access corridors, slopes and elevators to all floors/classrooms.
However, we encourage that the elderly and infirmed to explore other options e.g. appointing a representative to attend the course instead.
Similarly, other participants who may face difficulties to cope with the rigour of the course should explore such options as well.