[ WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN A NUTSHELL ]
1. Completion of the FDW EOP is compulsory for those would like to hire foreign domestic workers in Singapore with effect from 2004, as required by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
2. Whoever intends to hire a domestic worker is required to attend this course. He/She will be known as the employer. There are exemption policies through which a representative may attend on behalf of the employer - please check with MOM on these policies directly.
3. There are two (2) ways you may complete the FDW EOP course with the PACE Academy/Singapore Polytechnic i.e. (a) Online e-learning or (b) Lecture (Classroom) based course.
4. Go to this link - Self Assessment Test on FDW EOP, to check whether you are eligible to take the course.
5. In addition to para. 4, you are required to be 21 years of age and able to fulfil all other conditions stipulated by MOM as a named "Employer" or "Representative".
6. If you would like to choose (a) Online e-learning, you are required to have an up-to-date computer and a working SingPass account. Please allow up to 2 working days for us to create your course account after making a registration and payment. Further information will be sent to you via email once your account is ready.
7. For (b) Lecture (Classroom) based course, please note that we offer the course once a week typically on a Friday (from 6pm - 9pm). Please check our website for further course details - http://fdw.sp.edu.sg. Please note that we conduct the course in English only. For Mandarin instruction, please refer to Nations Employment at 6388-8888 directly.
8. Upon completion of your EOP course, please allow 2 working days before making any application with MOM.
[ STEP BY STEP EXPLANATION ]
STEP 1: Go to http://fdw.sp.edu.sg
STEP 2: Read the instructions/details carefully, and ensure that you are eligible.
STEP 3: Choose a mode of completion i.e. (a) Online e-learning or (b) Lecture (Classroom) based course.
STEP 4: Click on the corresponding registration icon to make a registration under the "How to apply" section on found on the right portion of the webpage.
STEP 5: Follow the instructions to resolve the Self-Diagnostic Page, or configure your device by following the guide here - Self Help Portal: Technical Advice.
STEP 6: Please ensure that the information provided through the online registration form is true, correct and accurate. The information provided must EITHER be of the intended "employer" OR "representative" (Do not provide cross information). You must click on the "Proceed" button at the end of the process to confirm your registration and take note of the Registration ID.
STEP 7:Proceed with the payment online. Your registration will not be deemed as complete if payment is not received.
STEP 8: Complete the course - further information will be provided to you upon completing the registration and payment. You have up to 3 months to complete the online e-learning course or will be expected to attend the lecture based course as scheduled.
STEP 9 : Wait for 2 working days for your status to be updated in MOM's database. You should also retain a soft copy of your certificate for reference. If you need to request for another copy of your certificate, you may email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your personal information and the Registration ID.
STEP 10: Make your FDW application with MOM directly or through your maid agency.