- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN A NUTSHELL -
1. Whoever intends to hire a foreign domestic worker (FDW) in Singapore must attend/complete this course, among other credentials required by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), with effect from 2004. He/She will be referred to as an "Employer". (External Link - MOM FDW Eligibility & Requirements)
2. On the other hand, a "Representative" may attend/complete this course on behalf of an "Employer" if they qualify under certain exemption(s) as stipulated by the MOM. (External Link - MOM FDW Exemption Criteria)
3. There are two (2) ways in which you may complete the FDW EOP course with the PACE Academy/Singapore Polytechnic i.e. (i) Online e-learning or (ii) Lecture (Classroom) based course. Please note that we conduct the course in English only. For Mandarin instruction, you may enquire from Nations Employment at 6388-8888 directly.
4. Take our Self Assessment Test on FDW EOP to have a general idea on your eligibility.
5. In addition to para. 4, you are required to be 21 years of age and able to fulfil all other conditions stipulated by MOM as a named "Employer" or "Representative".
6. If you would like to choose (i) Online e-learning, you are required to have an up-to-date computer and a working SingPass account. Please allow up to 1 working day for us to create your course account after making a registration and payment. Further information will be sent to you via email once your account is ready.
7. For (ii) Lecture (Classroom) based course, please note that we offer the course once a week typically on Fridays (from 6pm - 9pm), or on Wednesdays (from 6pm - 9pm) if the week coincides with a public holiday. Please check our website for further course details - http://fdw.sp.edu.sg.
8. Upon completion of your FDW-EOP course, please allow 2 working days before making any application with MOM.
-STEP BY STEP EXPLANATION -
STEP 2: Read the instructions/details carefully, and ensure that you are eligible to become an Employer.
STEP 3: Choose a mode of completion i.e. (a) Online e-learning or (b) Lecture (Classroom) based course.
STEP 4: Click on the corresponding registration icon to make a registration under the "How to apply" section on found on the right portion of the webpage.
STEP 5: Follow the instructions to resolve the Self-Diagnostic Page, or configure your device by following the guide here - Self Help Portal: Technical Advice.
STEP 6: Please ensure that the information provided through the online registration form is true, correct and accurate. The information provided must EITHER be of the intended "employer" OR "representative" (note the scenario guide below).
Scenario 1: If you will be registering for the FDW, the registration for this course must be in YOUR own name, ID no. and address.
Scenario 2: If you are representing someone, the registration for this course must be in YOUR own name, ID no. and address.
NB: Passport No. is required for foreigners however Singaporeans and PR may simply type "NA" in the said field.
You must click on the "Proceed" button at the end of the registration process to confirm your registration and take note of the Registration ID.
STEP 7:Proceed with the payment online. Your registration will not be deemed as complete if payment is not received.
STEP 8: Complete the course - further information will be provided to you upon completing the registration and payment. You have up to 3 months to complete the online e-learning course or will be expected to attend the lecture based course as scheduled.
STEP 9 : Wait for 2 working days for your status to be updated in MOM's database. You should also retain a soft copy of your certificate for reference. If you need to request for another copy of your certificate, you may email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your personal information and the Registration ID.
STEP 10: Make your FDW application with MOM directly or through your maid agency.